Monday 17 January 2011

No news is...

Out Of Theatre


I'm hoping the saying 'no news is good news' lives up to its reputation.
Joel went into surgery at about 9.30am - It's now 6.15pm, Louise and I are waiting nervously for any news.

We've had a little walk to the shop at lunchtime... Quite brief.. We weren't really in the mood for walking round a busy city centre full of shoppers.

On returning to the hospital Louise showed me the restaurant on the lower ground level... I didn't know this existed, but with sachets of vinegar at 10p each, it's not surprising it's not promoted much.

That's the other thing - while I don't begrudge paying anything for Joel, it's going to cost me around £210 for hospital parking just to go visit him... - That's if he's in 3 weeks as they imagine. The hospital do a special discount for long stay patients..  but it's a waiting list...

 

Location: Birmingham Children's Hospital - Ward 10

No comments:

Post a Comment